LYO, lyophilization for optimum probiotic efficacy
What is lyophilization ?
Florytec®, a lactobacillus-rich ingredient, is stabilised at the very end of the manufacturing process by freeze-drying, the process of choice for probiotic food supplements and one of the most effective for guaranteeing optimal preservation of our ingredient and its functional and nutritional qualities.
This technique consists of significantly lowering the temperature of a product and then, in an environment of controlled pressure and temperature, a sublimation phenomenon will lead to almost total dehydration of the product. It takes place in 3 stages:
- Freezing: the product is frozen at temperatures approaching -40°C.
- Sublimation: the frozen solid water in the product evaporates rapidly and is trapped by a condenser.
- Desorption: the temperature of the product rises gradually so that any residual moisture can evaporate.
At the end of the process, the active metabolites and probiotic strains are fully preserved and can be safely stored.
The advantages of freeze-drying
Shelf life: the evaporation of water contributes to a very long shelf life for freeze-dried products. This means that LYOPROFORM® complexes do not need to be stored in the refrigerator, while guaranteeing an effective level of active micro-organisms.
Nutritional values and qualities: thanks to pre-freezing and vacuum sublimation, the loss of nutrients that can be generated by this process is minimal, unlike other preservation methods. For example, for a fragile vitamin such as vitamin C, the loss is only around 0.5%.
As a result, the content of active micro-organisms in LYOPROFORM® food supplements is doubly guaranteed.
PRO, the brand’s commitment to quality
French quality and expertise at the service of innovation.
As a manufacturer with our own laboratory, we control and ensure the quality of our products throughout the entire design chain. With health approval FR72003005CE under Regulation 853/2004, our HACCP team ensures the safety of our food supplements and active ingredients at every stage of production, and controls all quality requirements. From R&D, to the selection of raw materials and packaging, right through to delivery, your satisfaction is our priority.
The high quality standards of the LYOPROFORM® brand:
- Ingredients selected according to specifications and detailed studies to guarantee the quality and safety of our food supplements.
- Lactobacillus strains deposited under the Budapest Treaty by the SORBIAL laboratory and conserved by the Institut Pasteur in France.
- Strains recognised as QPS* by EFSA
- Food supplements and active ingredients guaranteed to be GMO-free, preservative-free and nanoparticle-free
- Tighter controls on micronutrient content by independent laboratories
- Innovative know-how in the co-culture of micro-organisms registered with INPI (Institut national de la propriété intellectuelle)
- Freeze-drying process carried out by an approved local French partner for optimum preservation and to guarantee effective doses